Driving is an essential part of many people’s lives, especially for professional drivers such as lorry drivers, taxi drivers and private hire drivers. It is essential that these drivers pass their medical exams to ensure they are fit to drive on the roads. Unfortunately, some drivers do not pass their medical exams, and there are several reasons why. In this blog post, we will be discussing the top reasons why drivers fail their medical exams.
- Not bringing ID: One of the most common reasons drivers fail their medical exams is that they do not bring the appropriate ID with them. It is essential to bring a valid passport or driving license to prove your identity.
- Not bringing the correct paperwork: It is crucial to bring all the relevant paperwork to your medical exam, including any forms or letters from your GP or consultant. This information is important to ensure that the medical examiner has all the relevant information to make an informed decision about your fitness to drive.
- Not bringing a list of medications: Many drivers fail their medical exams because they do not bring a list of their current medications. It is important to bring a comprehensive list of all the medications you are taking, including the dosage and frequency.
- Poor vision: Good vision is essential for safe driving. Drivers who fail their medical exams due to poor vision may need to visit an optician or eye specialist to correct their vision before they can retake their medical exam.
- High blood pressure: High blood pressure is a common medical condition that can affect a driver’s ability to drive safely. If a driver has high blood pressure, they may need to take medication or make lifestyle changes to control their blood pressure.
- Not bringing adequate tests for any previous heart conditions: Drivers with previous heart conditions may need to bring additional tests or reports to their medical exam to provide the medical examiner with a complete picture of their health.
At Motor Medicals, we understand that passing your medical exam is crucial, and we are here to help. Our team of experienced and friendly medical examiners are trained to conduct thorough medical exams to ensure that you are fit to drive. Contact us today to schedule your medical exam and to learn more about how we can help you pass your exam.